August 29, 2011 - 9:21am — lauralee
What is Snapshot Day you ask? Snapshot Day is that day in October (Canadian Library month) when libraries from around the province collect information, comments, stories and photographs to capture a "snapshot" of a day in Alberta's public libraries. Since 2011, participation among Parkland libraries has been enthusiastic. Have a look at the stellar results by visiting the 2011 Snapshot Day and 2012 Snapshot Day pages.
In 2013, 35 libraries participated from across the region. If you have not yet done so, please share your results through our Snapshot Day Survey for Member Libraries.
Before: How To and Promotion
- Quick guide to Snapshot Day - organize your day (PDF)
- Tips for Taking Great Candid Photos - focus in on your photography skills (PDF)
- Snapshot Day images - download images for your website here
- Promotional Posters – Add your own logo and Snapshot date or let us help you. Select from three designs: Option 1 or Option 2 (8.5 x 11) or Option 3 (8.5 x 14)
- Sample Press Release - Customize it and email it to your local newspaper and radio stations the week before your Snapshot Day (Word)
During: Collecting Data and Taking Photographs
- Data Collection Sheet – for recording statistics on your patrons' use of the library on Snapshot Day (Word)
- Patron Response Card - Have your patrons fill these out and leave them with you (Publisher)
- Public Photography Notice – Post this sign in your library and let patrons know you will be taking pictures or video (PDF)
- Photo Release Form – Have your patrons sign a release if their picture is taken. If they don't sign the release, we will not be able to post, share or otherwise use their photo (PDF)
After: Share Results and Photos
- Please post your photos (for which you have a signed release form) to our shared drive (the Q: Drive)
- Complete our Snapshot Day Survey for Member Libraries - Click here for the survey!
- After Snapshot Day - using your results for success (PDF)
If you have ideas or promotional materials that you’d like to share with the Parkland community, please let us know and we will post them here.
Results: Sharing your statistics
1. A customizable flyer template
2. A powerpoint presentation
3. A slideshare (powerpoint presentation) to share on your websites.
Copy and paste this code. Be sure to set input format to Unfiltered, otherwise it will not show up on your page. <iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/32545056" width="476" height="400" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
4. A regional infographic to share on social media