Parkland Regional Library is currently accepting applications for the position of Office Administrator.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Finance and Operations, the Office Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the entire Parkland Regional Library organization.
This position is frequently the first point of contact with the organization and requires strong, accurate, and timely communication and administrative skills with a positive and approachable attitude. Responsible for maintaining documentation critical to the board and management team, the incumbent acts proactively, demonstrates initiative and sound judgement, and possesses the ability to make appropriate decisions in order to ensure the smooth flow of day-to-day operations at Parkland Regional Library.
- Acts as the secretary for the board and executive committee including preparing materials, taking meeting minutes, and maintaining all documentation.
- Manages print, digital, and email files in compliance with Parkland’s records retention policy.
- Prepares, manages, and distributes correspondence, statistical and survey data, contact lists, print and online forms for the organization.
- Organizes events, from meetings to conferences, including catering, facilities and equipment needs.
- Coordinates facility maintenance and use, and administers the telephone system.
- Coordinates PRL’s Occupational Health and Safety program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration or a related field, or equivalent.
- Five years of office administration experience.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, web-based software applications, and general office equipment such as photocopiers and networked printers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and to deliver results with minimal supervision.
Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety programs and knowledge of FOIP guidelines is an asset.
Parkland Regional Library is a welcoming workplace which values cooperation and innovation with a service focus. We provide leadership, learning, and support to 49 public libraries which contribute to the success and sustainability of our member communities. We are passionate about helping our libraries achieve their goals and deliver great services to central Albertans. We are headquartered in Lacombe, a vibrant community just north of the City of Red Deer with easy access to Edmonton, Calgary, and the Rocky Mountains.
The salary range for this position is $45,061 - $63,670.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter, resume, and three references to Donna Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applicants will begin immediately and the competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.