Library Summer Student: Training Development and Delivery
Parkland Regional Library seeks a post-secondary student for a summer position at our regional headquarters. The focus of the job is delivering eContent training around the Parkland region (rural central Alberta) to public library staff and patrons. The student will create training materials and provide in-person training.
This is a 16 week position from May to August, 2017 for 35 hours per week at a wage of $21 per hour.
- Delivering workshops demonstrating how to use eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital video and music, and electronic newspapers and magazines, as well as the online catalogue.
- Providing one-on-one troubleshooting for library staff and members of the public in-person at workshops or via phone and email.
- Creating print and video training materials for eContent platforms using appropriate software.
- Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Current postsecondary student (library studies or adult education students preferred; students in other programs will also be considered).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop training materials and plan and deliver training sessions.
- Technological aptitude (training on specific eResources will be provided).
- Ability to explain technological concepts clearly to a diverse audience.
- Physical ability to carry and set up equipment (e.g. mobile training labs).
- Library experience and/or training would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
Parkland Regional Library is headquartered in Lacombe. We provide leadership, learning, and support to 49 public libraries in central Alberta. If you are a people-person, passionate about teaching people to use technology and are comfortable travelling in rural areas, this position could be for you.
Email a cover letter and resume to Anna Alexander (email@example.com) by March 31, 2017. We will accept applications until the successful candidate is found.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.