Librarian, Consulting Services
Parkland Regional Library seeks a dynamic librarian to join our team.
The Consulting Services Team provides professional expertise and guidance to member libraries in all aspects of library management and operations including collection management, facilities, service planning and evaluation, policy development, advocacy, managing people, and more. We work closely with library staff and trustees for whom we organize, develop, and deliver workshops and other resources aimed at professional development. We coach individuals one-on-one as well as lead groups through collaborative decision making in facilitated sessions. The nature of our work requires motivated individuals who enjoy working collaboratively in a team-based environment and the ability to be flexible to changing priorities.
If you are passionate about supporting public libraries and helping small and rural communities thrive in the 21st century, this may be the job for you.
In order to be successful in this position:
- You possess an MLIS degree or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution.
- You have a passion for delivering outstanding service to library staff and trustees, which will then benefit the people they serve.
- Your excellent oral and written communication skills combine with strong interpersonal skills to achieve successful outcomes.
- You are comfortable coaching individuals and leading groups.
- You possess a high level of competence with electronic information sources and new technologies, organizational and analytical skills, and a commitment to cooperative and innovative solutions.
- The ideal candidate brings experience in public library service delivery and/or a passion for programming.
A valid Alberta driver's license and clean driving record will be required. The flexibility to work evenings and weekends in service to member libraries is essential.
Parkland Regional Library is a welcoming workplace which values cooperation, innovation, and service. We provide leadership, learning, and support to 49 central Alberta public libraries, contributing to the success and sustainability of our member communities. As a learning organization, professional development is expected, encouraged, and supported. We are headquartered in Lacombe, a vibrant community just north of the City of Red Deer with easy access to Edmonton, Calgary, and the Rocky Mountains.
The salary range for this position is $61,420 - $86,785. Interested candidates should email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Colleen Schalm, Manager of Library Services.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and the competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.