- About PRL
- Training & Resources
- Advocacy & Marketing
- Boards & Friends
- Collections & Facilities
- Connect with Patrons
- eLibrary Help
- Interlibrary Loans
- Libraries Advisory Group (LAG)
- Library Funding
- Reports & Statistics
- Shipping & Ordering
- Workshops & Training
- Standards & Legislation
- Library Effect
- Me Account
November 26, 2012 - 10:21am — lauralee
Patrons of PRL member libraries can borrow materials from:
- Parkland Regional Library’s headquarters collections (reference, professional development, large print, audio books)
- Public and school libraries within the Parkland Regional Library System
- Member libraries of The Alberta Library (TAL)
- Libraries across Canada and in the United States (books and microfilm only)
Patrons may use TAL Online to request any item that is not owned by a library within Parkland, but is available from another Alberta library. If an item is not owned by a library in Alberta, library staff can create a request for it on a patron's behalf, and we may be able to borrow it from a library outside the province.
Access to interlibrary loans is contingent on patrons remaining in good standing and in possession of a valid Parkland library card. If a patron owes the library more than $10, interlibrary loan privileges may be temporarily suspended until the amount owing is reduced to under $10. Libraries may also temporarily revoke interlibrary loan privileges if, on an ongoing basis, they are unable to contact a patron in order to notify him or her of interlibrary loans that are available for pickup.
Looking for titles in French or other languages?
In Parkland's catalogue, you may browse all available French language titles here.
Want more French? Our French Language Materials handout provides information on how to find French language materials throughout the province using TAL Online or within Parkland Regional Library. Some search strategies are included as well.
Other languages: You can often browse an individual library catalogue for titles in a particular language (by doing an advanced search), then request your desired titles via TAL Online. Some library catalogues in Alberta with large collections in other languages are Edmonton Public Library's, Calgary Public Library's, and TRAC's (in the TRAC catalogue, enter an asterisk next to "Any field," and click on More options to limit by language).
Visiting other Alberta libraries in person
- TAL Card: Your Parkland library card is also a TAL Card - use it to borrow items at almost any public, academic, or special library in Alberta. All participating libraries allow at least 5 books to be checked out on a TAL Card, and some allow a higher limit that includes formats such as CDs and DVDs.
- Me Card: Sign up at melibraries.ca to activate your Parkland card as a Me Card at another Alberta library. With this, you can borrow DVDs, CDs, books, magazines, and more! More info about the Me Card.
April - National Poetry Month
April 17 - Rocky Mountain Book Award announced
April 24-26 - Alberta Library Conference in Jasper
May 1-31 - Public votes for Alberta Readers' Choice winner
May 3-10 - Canadian Children's Book Week
May 3 - Board Basics workshop in Camrose
May 12 - Spring PD Day at Parkland, 9am-4pm
May 15 - PRL Board Meeting, 1:00pm