In 1956, the new Jubilee Library building was completed with some provincial funding. The library basement was equipped as a civil defense headquarters for coordinating relief efforts in case of a nuclear attack. By 1966, circulation had jumped to 18,084. In 1984, the library moved to the old ALCB building at 5110 48th Avenue. At the official opening in April, a card was presented to the library from Halvar Jonson, Member of the Legislative Assembly. Title and control of property remained with the town. By 1985, circulation had climbed to 50,837, and that year a mural was painted on the outside east wall of the library.
The Ponoka Jubilee Library now serves a combined population of 20,000. The library moved to the Ponoka Civic Centre in November 2018. Today, annual circulation has increased to 65,000, and the library serves as a community hub in the Town of Ponoka. Library programming sees 6,000 participants attend over 400 free programs per year.