Popular digital magazines available to read on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Titles on demand and never need to be returned.
Create an account
- Visit the RBdigital Magazines website. (Available through www.prl.ab.ca/elibrary)
- Click Create New Account. Follow the prompts to create an account.
Using eMagazines on a tablet or smartphone
- Follow the “Create an account” instructions above.
- Download the RBdigital app from the app store on your device.
- Open the app. Follow the prompts and enter your RBdigital account information.
- Browse the magazine titles or search by tapping the magnifying glass in the top right.
- To checkout, tap the cover. Tap Checkout to borrow the newest issue or View Issues to find a back issue.
- Tap Read. This will automatically begin downloading the magazine. (Tip: You may want to check to see if your app is set to download titles using Wi-fi only: Tap the menu button in the top left corner > Settings > Wi-fi Only.)
- Once the magazine opens, tap the centre of the page. A thin blue bar below the magazine image shows the download progress. Make sure you download the full magazine before disconnecting from Wi-fi.
- To exit, tap the centre of the page and tap the X.
- To see all of your checkouts, tap the menu in the top left corner. Then tap Checked Out.
Using eMagazines on a computer
- Follow the “Create an account” instructions.
- To checkout, click the cover. The most current issue is displayed at the top of the page. Back issues are below.
- Click Checkout.
- Once the magazine is checked out, you can click Start Reading to stream the magazine on your computer.