Friends of the Carstairs Public Library is the only not-for-profit organization responsible for raising funds for the library to provide books, programs and services.
The Friends are dedicated volunteers who believe that the library is a vital part of the Carstairs community. Their main focus is increasing awareness through fundraising, promotion and volunteering of personal and professional services. They encourage public use and enjoyment of the library's facilities, programs and services. The Friends are always happy to welcome new members; if you love your library and want to make a difference, become a Friend today.
How have the Friends helped?
Because of the additional funding the Friends have raised the library has been able to:
- Eliminate Membership Card fees!
- Almost double the amount of books, audio books, DVD’s, Children book/CD kits etc. that the library adds to the collection annually
- Purchase the much loved Lego, Lego Mindstorms, and Duplo. Lego at the Library has been a huge hit with the kids!
- Offer the Babysitting Course several times a year
- Provide shelving for the growing collection including the Backpacks designed to assist parents/caregivers in developing their children's literacy skills
Ways to donate
- ATBcares.com/donate (type Friends of Carstairs Public Library).
- etransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail a cheque, made out to Friends of the Carstairs Public Library, send to Box 941, Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
- stop by the Carstairs Public Library to donate in person
VOLUNTEER - The more people, the more ideas!!!
You can be an active member or be on our volunteer list to help out at events.
Spread the word! If you know of someone that would be a good fit to join us, let them know.
Want to learn more?
Stop by the library and ask the always helpful staff.
Visit our Facebook Page
Drop in and check out our monthly meetings held at the library every second Thursday of the month at 7pm