Parkland Regional Library is a leader in assisting its member libraries to achieve excellence in service.
Parkland Regional Library supports its members through cooperation, innovation, and service:
- providing human and material support services as needed by the libraries,
- acting as a focus for leadership and library advocacy,
- being effectively and efficiently governed and financially sustainable.
Headquarters activities and initiatives are guided by our Strategic Plan. Priorities identified in the plan include:
- Libraries will have a strong and supportive relationship with local and provincial governments that recognize the value of public libraries and prioritize public library service.
- Municipalities will have sustainable and effective library service.
- Parkland Regional Library member municipalities will have an effective and responsive system board.
- Parkland residents will have a greater awareness of the public library and regard public libraries as an essential part of their communities.